Thank you so much to Hayley at Winging It With Two Boys for tagging me to take part in this Childhood Tag post!
I love taking part in these posts as they give a bit more of an insight into who a blogger is, and I absolutely loved reading Hayley’s posts.
1. What were you not expecting/not prepared for before becoming a parent?
I was expecting to not be very good and be a bit clueless about everything! Hopefully that’s not true (most of the time!) I was pretty amazed at how much ‘instinct’ kicks in and you just get in to your parenting grove. I wasn’t prepared for the constant worry for his safety and wellbeing!
2. What is your main piece of advice for new parents?
Spend as much time you can with your child, be silly, be fun, throw your all in to it and enjoy it.
3. How do you encourage family time at home?
We have screen free dinner times and try to eat together at weekends as weekdays are pretty busy.
4. How do you balance being a blogger with parental duties?
Monday’s are blogging days for me as Finley is at nursery and I don’t work. I couldn’t do it while he is in the house – he is pretty high maintenance!
5. What was your favourite toy growing up?
6. Have you kept any of your toys from childhood?
I don’t think so I kept quite a few books though which Finley now has.
7. What are your children’s favourite toys?
Anything musical and his magnetic letters.
8. Do you actively limit the amount of screen time your kids have?
Sort of. We don’t really need to most of the time. He has a tablet which comes in handy in emergencies (!) and he watches a bit of TV but we have lots of trips out of the house and I spend as much time as I can if we are at home sitting on the floor with him playing games.
9. How do you reduce plastic waste in your home? – Reusable bottles, buying wooden toys, avoiding excessive food packaging, etc.?
We recycle plastic bottles and cardboard.
10. What advice would you give to parents who want to start blogging?
I am still very new! I think I still need advice! I guess I just have fun with it and provide an honest account of what I think and what I do.
I tag –
Sara @ Jodpurs For Maisie
Claire @ This Mommy Rocks
Jess @ Tantrums To Smiles
Raimy @ Readaraptor Hatchling
Jenni @ Chilling With Lucas